June 14, 2012

Webpage Updates

Some new things are coming to the website.  Hopefully by the end of the summer (most likely earlier than that), I'll have all of these things done.  Some of the new features coming:

-   CrawfordWeather.com Photos
  A  chance for users to upload various pictures to CrawfordWeather.com to display them on the site.

-   Regional Weather
   Current conditions for areas outside of Crawford County but within the region. (Erie, Franklin..etc.)

County wide forecasts are expected to be displayed
on the website before the end of the summer.
County wide temperature forecasts
   I'm working on a weather model that will compute temperatures for many locations across the county.  I'm still working on accuracy issues with it but it is coming along pretty well so far. There will be a high and low temperature map for various locations across the county.

A smoother, more efficient webpage design.
  This one will require the most work for me but my goal is to make things a little more professional looking.  The overall design of the page won't change but some of the graphics might.  Occasionally some of the things on the webpage tend to be out of whack with the rest of the site so my goal is to correct these issues.

-  Morning Audio Forecasts
I'm planning on busting out the audio forecasts for the webpage.  The plan is to have a audio player on the website where users can listen to a 1 minute forecast segment every morning detailing the weather for the day and night. 

-  Forecast Verification
I'll be posting forecast verification results so you can see how well (or how well I didn't do) for the month in terms of temperature accuracy. 


Pretty long list of stuff to do. My plan is to have this all done before the end of the summer, and hopefully if all goes well, earlier than that.  The earliest would be like mid July.  I'm always up for suggestions for improving the website.  If you would like to see something or don't like something that I have on here, send me a message at jordan@crawfordweather.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment